Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fashion Week

As you all know, this week is none other than fashion week. While I can't be in New York for any of the shows, I still have http://www.youtube.com/user/liverunway to keep up to date on all the new trends for spring. It is always a strange feeling when entering a new season and getting excited for all the new clothes to wear, we are faced with all new shows for next season. Regardless, being as fashion-obsessed as I am, I love seeing any new inspiration and clothes to keep me excited throughout all four seasons.

What I've been loving from Spring 2012:

Nudes
Nudes have been popular the last few seasons, and they are here to stay. Nude on nude, is a little more warm than white on white, and showing a growing sophistication. They look more polished paired with pastel patterned pieces. The nude trend is also crossing over into makeup. A more natural face is appearing all over the runways, nude lips, dewy faces, and light on the eyeshadow. Natural beauty is shining through.
Jill Stuart Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

Printed Pants
The last time I really wore printed pants was elementary school. I have to admit though, they are getting me inspired now! From Japanese floral prints, to wild abstract ones, these can be surprisingly versatile. I would love to pair them with a soft t-shirt in the same color scheme, with a neutral blazer and sky high heels.
Cynthia Rowley Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

60's Inspired Dresses
I have noticed I lot of 60's  silhouettes. The A-line dress especially. While these aren't the most flattering, they just scream modern and of-the-moment. These dresses, when patterned are really the focus of the outfit and need not much more than cute chunky heels and maybe some bangles. When a solid color, the possibilities are endless! Layers can transform a cute day look (with jeweled sandals round sunglasses and a long vest) into a night look (with a light jacket/sweater, thin silk scarf, and tights). I can't help but be reminded of Twiggy..with longer hair.
Jill Stuart Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear 
 
pictures: style.com, http://birdieandwilma.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/twiggy-model-5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment